There are a few imperative variables to consider when picking between an electric, power, mixer or digital shower. Initially, you’ll have to consider reasonable items, including your boiler sort and the water pressure in your home (inquire if you’re not certain) and whether a few individuals utilize the water supply in the meantime.
To purchase the best shower for you, you’ll additionally need to consider how capable you need the water stream to feel and how vital the design is to you.
Whichever sort you pick, to get the best value it’s generally worth checking neighborhood pipes supply stores, which may have lower costs than the enormous chains.
We’ve plot the four principle sorts of showers beneath:
Electric showers clarified.
Electric showers warm the water as you make a go at, which means they just need a chilly water supply to work and are prepared to abandon you needing to warm water first. This can be useful for your vitality bills, as no superfluous water warming goes on, and it’s a genuine reward if your boiler breaks down.
On the drawback, electric showers tend to have a weaker stream than mixer and power showers, albeit some accompany an essential pump to help to battle this issue. You likewise need to watch out for limescale build-up – a typical issue with electric showers.
The force of electric showers is by and large somewhere around 8.5kW and 10.8kW – the higher the worth, the all the more effective the shower. It’s best to get your electric shower installed by a specialist as the high-control electrical component should be associated with a different melded electrical supply circuit.
With standard electric showers, the water may get extremely hot if the frosty water supply is being utilized somewhere else in your home. Thermostatic electric showers can control the water temperature to around 1-2°C of the temperature you require so they’re a superior wager if other individuals or machines frequently utilize water when you’re having a shower.
- Pros of electric showers: just needs a chilly water supply, you don’t pay to warmth water that doesn’t get utilized, less expensive to purchase than different sorts, still works if your boiler breaks down.
- Cons of electric showers: for the most part a weaker stream than different sorts of shower, limescale development can be an issue, proficient establishment can be pricey.
- Cost of electric showers: anywhere in the range of £50 for an essential 8.5kW model to around £400 for a smooth 10.5kW version.
Power showers clarified.
Power showers work in the same course as mixer showers, in that they consolidate water from the icy and hot supplies. The distinction is that power showers have an inherent pump. This reinforces the stream – extraordinary if your home has low water pressure – furthermore, offers you more noteworthy control over the temperature and pressure than a typical mixer shower.
Power showers are intended to work with gravity-fed or low-pressure water frameworks, right away boosting the stream and bringing about an additionally empowering shower.
While introducing a power shower is less fiddly than purchasing a different pump to help a standard mixer shower, they utilize a ton more water than electric showers so remember this on the off chance that you have a water meter.
- Pros of power showers: less demanding than purchasing a different pump for a mixer shower, great stream notwithstanding when you have low water pressure.
- Cons of power showers: utilize more water than different sorts of shower, can be costly.
- Cost of power showers: you won’t discover numerous power showers under £200, and the sky’s the farthest point on the off chance that you have the money – we’ve spotted advanced Aqualisa models for more than £2,000.
Mixer showers clarified.
Mixer showers join the hot and frosty water supplies, which means you require a combination of boiler or drenching heater to give prepared warmed water. They by and large create a more grounded stream than electric showers. You can likewise get shower and shower mixers, where the temperature and stream are controlled by changing the shower taps.
While some mixer showers will work with any framework, others are composed either for a high-pressure water framework or a low-pressure framework – make sure you check when you’re purchasing. In the event that your home has low water pressure, you could likewise think about purchasing a different pump to expand the stream.
Thermostatic mixer showers improve employment of directing the water temperature than standard mixer showers. With a thermostatic mixer shower, on the off chance that somebody or something begins utilizing icy water somewhere else in the house, the water will remove as opposed to burning you – an exceptionally valuable security highlight.
- Pros of mixer showers: high stream rate, thermostatic mixer showers stops you from getting burnt.
- Cons of mixer showers: should be watchful that you purchase the right sort for your water framework, just work with the combination of boilers or inundation warmers.
- Cost of mixer showers: essential mixers which draw water from your shower taps begin at around £50, while chic models with downpour shower-style heads can go for around £1,400.
Digital showers clarified.
You can purchase digital showers, the most recent advancement in shower configuration and innovation, in pumped or unpumped and electric or mixer models.
The water in a digital shower originates from a little processor box, which blends hot and icy water to the coveted temperature thermostatically (which means no frightful temperature spikes when somebody switches the icy tap on in the kitchen).
The processor box can be hung far away instead of being put away in the shower fenced in area itself, with the water streaming to the shower head by means of the riser rail, the divider or the roof. This likewise implies you don’t need to bore through existing tiles.
In the event that you purchase a digital shower with remote or Bluetooth innovation, you can introduce the control unit up to 10 meters away, which implies you can switch it on and get the water hot before venturing in, or place it at a stature that is advantageous to you. Digital shower control units additionally permit you to pre-program the water temperature – so you don’t need to fiddle around with the temperature control while you’re in the shower.
Other mod-cons offered by digital showers incorporate touchscreens, LCD displays or colour-coded lighting frameworks that let you know when the water’s come to the coveted temperature, eco settings and separate remote controls.
On the off chance that you choose to purchase a digital shower, it’s worth checking the size of the control unit – ignore manufacturers’ claims that it’s compact or slim line. The normal size of the units we’ve tried is roughly 22x33x9cm, and the profundity shifts between around 8cm and 12cm.
- Pros of digital showers: accessible in different structures (e.g. mixer or electric), smooth outline, adaptable control board setup which means you should not have to exasperate your wall tiles, a few additional elements accessible, more prominent control over temperature
- Cons of digital showers: a pricier choice than different sorts of shower
- Cost of digital showers: anyplace from around £250 to more than £2,000.
For more information on shower panels visit http://www.shower-panels.net/