Would you prefer to try natural solutions for your pest problem before hiring a professional? Looking for an organic way to get rid of pests in and around your home? We have put together some DIY pest extermination tips that you can use at home to help get rid of these invasive insects and rodents in a safe and natural way.
Natural Pest Control Preventative Techniques
Effective pest elimination begins with preventing pests from entering your home. It is easier to control pests before they enter your home, rather than waiting until you have to deal with a full-blown infestation inside your property. Here are a few steps you can take at home that will keep insects and rodents at bay.
Our pest extermination experts recommend the following do it yourself pest control tips:
- Replace old foundation vents with properly fitting and properly working foundation vents
- Seal holes in your home’s foundation and attic
- Caulk around any windows and doors
- Empty your trash on a regular basis
- Store all of your food and drinks in tight containers
- Keep plants and trees trimmed back from your home
- Mow your lawn and regularly manage weeds
- Get rid of any standing water in your front yard or backyard
- Regularly wipe down kitchen counters
- Keep ripe fruit in the fridge
- Sweep and vacuum your home’s floors regularly
- Fix any leaky faucets around your home
- Keep your bathroom as dry as possible
Doing these simple household chores will keep insects and pests from being attracted to your property. Insects love dirty, wet environments, so making sure that you keep your house clean, dry and well-kept on a regular basis will provide long-term pest control for your property.
Schedule an Appointment with a Pest Control Expert if you need more help!
Have you tried the above natural pest control methods, but still have a pest problem? If so, give your local pest control professional a call to discuss how they can use Integrated Pest Management techniques, which use a combination of structural and non-pesticide solutions with the use of low-volume pesticide applications to control pest problems. A highly-trained and educated expert will know how to use very safe techniques to exterminate pest on properties in your home, regardless of where you live.
Contact a pest control professional today to speak to an expert who can give you more information or schedule an appointment to examine your home.